Hello. I am Chankuy Kang, a frontend developer. I started web development since I made my first web service with Apache, PHP and MySQL in 2017. I am currently working as a frontend developer, but I am also interested in fullstack development, cloud services and DevOps. I always try to be a learning developer.
Viva Republica (Toss)
Frontend Developer • 2021.02 ~
I am currently working as a Toss core team frontend developer.
Frontend Developer • 2020.02 ~ 2020.12
I participated in various parts of frontend application, as a startup member.
- Component & design system management, snapshot testing w/ Storybook, Zeplin
- Material-UI based component development including custom Autocomplete, DateTime picker, etc.
- Type-safe asynchronous API request status management w/ Redux, Redux Observable, typesafe-actions
- Store synchronization from nested API response data w/ normalizr
- Frontend & backend CI/CD setup w/ GitHub Actions
- Frontend deployment over AWS S3, CloudFront
- Migration of API server from EC2 to ECS
NCSoft Language AI Lab
Fullstack Developer • 2019.09 ~ 2019.12
I worked as a short-term intern. I participated in maintenance of old API, development of new API and introduction of TDD.
- SSO API development w/ NodeJS, MongoDB, Redis
- API testing, TDD w/ Mocha, Chai, Supertest
- SSO user page, admin page development w/ Vue/Nuxt
- SSO frontend & backend deployment w/ GitLab CI + Portainer
- Upgraded old API page(Angular 7 → 8) and maintained
- sysop (2019 spring~): maintain server, deploy updates
- Wrote NodeJS client , migrated from Python 2 to 3, migrated KAIST IAM from v1 to v2
Skills that lack production experience are tilted.
Web Frontend Frameworks & Libraries
React (w/ hooks), Redux (w/ Saga, Observable), Next, Gatsby, Storybook, Jest, Vue(Vuex, Nuxt), Angular
Mobile Frameworks & Libraries
React Native, Expo
Cloud Services: IaaS & PaaS & DBaaS
AWS (EC2, RDS, Route53, S3, CloudFront, VPC, IAM, ECS, ECR, ALB), Netlify, Vercel, MongoDB Atlas, GCP, Firebase
NodeJS Express (w/ mongoose, MikroORM, pm2), Django (w/ DRF)
MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis
CI & CD
GitHub Actions, GitLab CI
Docker (Docker Compose, Portainer), Nginx
Korean, English (fluent reading & writing, slow listening & speaking)
Slack, Notion, Jira & Confluence
I am comfortable with data transfers with AJAX and REST API. I learned GraphQL just enough to run Gatsby projects. I have little experience on design. But I know how to cooperate with designers through design system.
KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
Undergraduate, School of Computing • 2018~
- KAIST Presidential Fellowship
- Dean's List (2018 spring)
- School of Computing (2019 spring~)
- SPARCS (2018 spring~): staff (2019 spring), wheel (2019 spring~), developer